QuickBooks file doctor tool is one of the most advanced tools to fix all QuickBooks errors. Like all other software, this accounting software also has error issues due to many technical and functional issues such as lost network connectivity, incorrect configuration settings, improper internet connection, company data loss, and many more. QuickBooks users need to resolve this error as soon as possible to run their organization process smoothly.
Use of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor is enabled to detect and correct the errors automatically just by a single click. You can install this software on all windows, android, and iOS devices and resolve all issues at any time anywhere.
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool finds all possible ways to restore all lost data and manages the process to repair all network damage connectivity. It offers many advantages to get relief from many errors and begin the process to reschedule all business operations and track overall business accountancy and saves your quality time.
Mandatory before Installing the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Uninstall the older QuickBooks File Doctor tools before downloading the latest version.
- For QuickBooks 2015 or old, use the external File Doctor Tool.
- All admin rights are a must to use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- The QuickBooks File Doctor tool supports 1.5 GB or lower-size files only.
- The QuickBooks File Doctor tool supports widows devices only.
Limitations of QuickBooks File Doctor
- The file scans in QuickBooks File Doctor supports are limited to 1.5 GB only.
- The QuickBooks File Doctor supports the .qba and .qbw files only.
- The network diagnoses and QuickBooks File repair are always ‘ON’ in QuickBooks File Doctor.
- The QuickBooks file doctor does not work for function for systems with multiple installed QuickBooks.
- The QuickBooks file doctor does not provide proper diagnosis and repair options if the database server manager is present on the system.
Fix the Company File and Network Issues with the Use of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
All the errors which usually occur due to damaged networks and lost data in QuickBooks are fixed by QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. With the help of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, you can easily access to fix all issues that are user-facing while opening the QuickBooks company file.
One of the best advantages of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is that in any case if users lose any important while repairing these errors, they can easily get the backup file to restore all the necessary data.
Back up your company files after you’ve corrected them. Create a backup copy of your company file. Examine your software for any upgrades. Update QuickBooks Desktop from the Help menu in QuickBooks Desktop. Run updates frequently, verify data, and rebuild it to help prevent problems.
Step 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub helps in fixing common errors. If you want a great experience then you can use Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- First, you have to close QuickBooks
- Then you have to download the latest version (184.108.40.206) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the document in a location that is simple to find (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop). Note: You can find out which version you have if you have already installed Tool Hub. Choose the Home tab. Version information will be at the bottom.
- Then you have to open the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- To install and accept the terms and conditions, you have to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to launch the tool hub after the installation is complete.
Step 2: Run Quick Fix my File
- You have to select Company File Issues from the tool hub.
- Then you have to choose Quick Fix my File.
- When it gets completed you have to select Ok and then start your QuickBooks.
Step 3: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- First, you have to select Company File Issues from the tool hub.
- Then you have to select Run QuickBooks, File Doctor. To open the file it will take up to one minute.
- After that, you have to select your company file from the drop-down menu from the QuickBooks File Doctor. If you are unable to see your file then you have to select Browse and search to find your file.
- Then you can choose to Check your file and then click on Continue.
- After that, you have to enter your QuickBooks admin password and then click on Next.
Depending on the number of your files, the scan could take up to 10-15 minutes. Even if the scan resolves your problem, it can report that it failed. Open your company file and QuickBooks once the scan is complete.
Tips to Resolve Network Issues with the Use of QuickBooks File Doctor Test Results
QuickBooks Tool Hub also helps to recover damaged company files and fixing network issues and errors.
Turn on Hosting Mode if Off
To access QuickBooks files over a network you need to turn on hosting.
About hosting QuickBooks company data files in multi-user mode
The main computer hosting helps in allowing other computers to access the file, which stores the company file.
To manage company file access QuickBooks Desktop uses a service:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020 uses QuickBooks DB30
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019 uses QuickBooks DB29
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018 uses QuickBooks DB28
Under Users for this computer, you can find this service in User Accounts, in the Windows Control Panel. You can look for the service that corresponds to your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
The below diagrams will show QuickBooks hosting modes
Peer to peer hosting diagram
Alternate hosting diagram
How company files are accessed
Below conditions must be met to access the company file.
- Windows File permissions: The users who are logged in must have permissions that are set to Full control, which includes permissions to look at, open, and modify the file.
- Database Server Mode: The database server can easily open the company file.
- QuickBooks User login: Every user should have a QuickBooks user login and password.
Each computer and version of QuickBooks Desktop have its hosting modes configured. Neither the QuickBooks installation nor the company file has it set. The hosting mode settings for each version are independent when using more than one instance of QuickBooks 2018 or later.
Hosting Off, Hosting Local Files Only, and Hosting Local & Remote Files are the three hosting options. Not Hosting is another name for Hosting Off.
- In Not Hosting mode:
QuickBooks Database Management is launched as a standard Windows user who is also running QuickBooks.
Multi-user mode is not supported by Not Hosting mode. QuickBooks’s Not Hosting mode communicates with it using shared memory. In this mode, a database server can only be used to access a file by the QuickBooks user who is running QuickBooks on the local computer.
- In Hosting Local Files only mode:
- In addition to running as the Windows user QBDataServiceUserXX, QuickBooks Database Server Manager also operates as a Windows service called QuickBooksDBXX (where XX is a number between 27 and 30 determined by the version of QuickBooks, as explained above under Hosting specified) (with XX being the same 2-digit number from 27 to 30 that the Windows service uses).
- The service QuickBooksDBXX is always running when the machine is turned on.
- TCP/IP is supported for communication with QuickBooks in multi-user mode. A database server running in the Hosting Local Files alone mode can be used by QuickBooks users on distant computers to view company files.
- When set to Hosting Local Files Only, a computer can only host files that are located on that computer.
- In Hosting Local and Remote files mode:
- As the Windows user who is presently signed on, QuickBooks Database Manager runs normally. When a user logs into Windows, this procedure begins, and it ends when the user logs out.
- Multi-user mode using TCP/IP to connect to QuickBooks is supported by computers operating in Hosting Local & Remote files mode. With a database server, QuickBooks users can access corporate files on this computer from distant PCs.
- When operating in this mode, a local computer can host both locally stored files and files that have been opened on the local computer.
How does QuickBooks Desktop determine which database server to communicate with?
- QuickBooks Desktop search for the .nd file. The .nd file is a file with a small text file with the same name as the company file, but with a .nd file extension. The file is stored in the same directory as the company file, which has the file extension .qbw. The directory also has the information that is required to contact the server, such as the IP address and port.
- QuickBooks Desktop finds out whether the .qbw file is in use or not.
- QuickBooks tries to communicate with the server, in case QuickBooks Desktop finds the .nd file and detects whether the company file is in use or not.
- QuickBooks opens the company file if it is successful.
- An error message outlining the steps required to fix the problem shows if it fails.
The file’s folder is either not writable or not shared.
The company file folder needs to be shared with other users.
No network connectivity
Ensure the local machine’s hostname can be resolved and that there is at least one functional TCP/IP adaptor.
The IPConfig program might help confirm your computer’s TCP/IP configuration. This is useful for troubleshooting QuickBooks issues on a network.
Common IPConfig commands are:
|ipconfig||basic TCP/IP information|
|ipconfig /all||detailed TCP/IP information|
|ipconfig /renew||Renew the IPv4 address for all network adapters|
|ipconfig /release||Release the IPv4 address for all network adapters|
To start ipconfig:
- First, you have to select the Windows Start button
- Then enter CMD in the search field
- Now you have to choose Command Prompt in the list of results.
- After that, enter ipconfig at the command prompt and then press Enter.
Network problem: IP reverse lookup has failed
Windows should be able to generate an IP address from a hostname and then reverse the process.
Not running or blocked by a firewall is QBCFMonitorService/QBDBMgrN for QuickBooks
If your firewall prevents Internet connection, which is required for particular QuickBooks apps or files, you can experience difficulties. You might be able to fix the problem by updating your firewall to the most recent version, or you might need to manually specify the exceptions and ports required by your firewall software.
QBCFMonitor Service not running
- Set up your firewall to allow access to QuickBooks applications on the client and server via port 8019.
- Make sure hosting is enabled on the server. (The steps are above.)
- Send a server ping. The client and server should both be able to ping successfully. (Steps are listed below.)
- If still getting issue, get more steps to resolve QBCGMonitor service not running on this computer.
- Set up your firewall to allow the QuickBooks File Doctor and all other QuickBooks applications access to the Dynamic database port. On your server and all client computers, configure your firewall.
- Make sure hosting is enabled on the server.
- On the server and all client computers, confirm that you can ping the server using both the IP address and hostname.
[Firewall software] is Active and may be blocking QuickBooks:
- This page lists any third-party firewalls that were found. Set up firewall exceptions for the QuickBooks version you use.
Enterprise Solutions for QuickBooks
For all incoming and outgoing traffic, allow the following files accessible through your firewall on ports 80, 8019, 56725-56728, and 55363 through 55382 (ports are for QuickBooks 2018 through 2019):
- AutoBackupExe.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions XX.X
- Dbmlsync.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions XX.X
- DBManagerExe.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions XX.X
- FileManagement.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions XX.X
- FileMovementExe.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions XX.X
- IntuitSyncManager.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Sync
- QBCFMonitorService.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- QBDBMgrN.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions XX.X
- QBGDSPlugin.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions XX.X
- QBLaunch.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- QBServerUtilityMgr.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- QBW32.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions XX.X
- QBUpdate.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate
- QuickBooksMessaging.exe located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions XX.X
- OnlineBackup.exe located in C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Online Backup.
Fix QuickBooks Desktop Data and Network Damage Errors Use File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is one of the best ways to fix all damaged or corrupted files. To run with QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, you don’t need any high knowledge or experience just go with on-screen instructions, and errors are automatically detected and corrected. To resolve all data lost and network breakage issues, you need to know about all these important points:
- All company files have recorded all mistakes to report in the QuickBooks report doctor file tool
- QuickBooks file doctor tool helps to fix all QuickBooks Error 6000 series issues
- Error 6150: This issue occurs when you established the damaged company files
- 6000 82: when the user enables to launch the QuickBooks, this error appears
- 6000 301: this error occurs due to new changes in the company file location
- 6147: user enable to restore of the backup file
- Error 6130: This error occurs due to incorrect firewall authentication
- Sometimes the error that occurs due to incomplete installation of QuickBooks are fixed by the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- To fix all these errors, the user needs to upgrade the QuickBooks latest version and restart the system
- The user also accessible to fix all multi-user error
- Incorrect or empty seller and consumer lists are also resolved by QB File Doctor Tool
- With this advanced tool, you can also resolve all window registry issues just by clicking on it
- All QuickBooks Database manager issues are also repaired by using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
Steps to Fix all Data and Network damage Errors with the help of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is one of the most powerful tools to manage all issues regarding the QuickBooks Company file and network. There are some important points, you must know about it
- From the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool hub, go with the Company file issue tab
- Then mark your click on the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” and the process begins
- This process takes up to 1 minute to open your company file
- Then locate the company file from the drop-down preferences of the file menu. In any case, if you are unable to find it then go to the browse option and search your file
- Make sure about your selected file and proceed with the Continue click
- In the end, the user needs to enter all details such as QuickBooks Admin Password, and then click on NEXT.
How to Use the QuickBooks File Doctor on Standalone Version
- Make sure to get the latest version of the file doctor tool.
- Then you have to go to the Inuit’s location.
- From there, try to do a QuickBooks file doctor download for 2022.
- If it is already there, you have to select Run.
- Do double-click on the file doctor’s icon after that.
- Simply follow the instructions shown on the display.
- Now activate the Windows Taskbar.
- Meanwhile, choose the Browse button.
- Look for the corrupted and damaged company file.
- Simply start QuickBooks and check to see if there are any problems.
- Choose the best choice from the two options.
- The first one is for fixing problems in the 6000 series.
- The second one helps in resolving all network problems in succession.
- Provide the Company file’s admin password later and then click Next.
- From the below choose any option
- Choose this option if the errors happen on your workstation.
- Select the server system’s second option.
- Choose Yes for the QuickBooks server and No for the workstations after that.
- All of the QuickBooks files on the QuickBooks desktop will be run through the tool and repaired.
- The process, which resolves network and company file difficulties, could take a little while.
- Last but not least, remember to close the file doctor and open the QuickBooks file.
What to do If QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working, Crashes & Hangs
The QuickBooks program and other more recent versions are combined to create the QuickBooks File Doctor. It created the software program to offer QuickBooks mistake correction and solutions for other minor issues. Users have occasionally had problems with the software when it stops operating, crashes hangs, or throws an exception. When this occurs, the application generates an error message that reads file doctor won’t open, file doctor not working, file doctor crashes and QuickBooks file doctor hangs.
The Causes of this Error QuickBooks File Doctor Won’t Open, Hangs and Crashes
The following are typical causes for this utility to occasionally stop working correctly:)
- You are attempting to access the integrated files.
- The attempt to restore files fails.
- updating the files.
- When you attempt to convert the outdated company files across a network, the error may appear.
- When you are installing QuickBooks and you are missing a few files.
- When the files are corrupted, lost, or damaged, the error manifests itself.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks File Doctor Won’t Open Issue
QuickBooks File Doctor is a straightforward program that can correct specific sorts of file and data corruption, Windows setup issues, and network configuration issues. Network testing and network issue resolution are both possible with QuickBooks File Doctor. Examine the outcomes of utilizing the File Doctor to determine how to fix the problem with the proper Solution.
Solution-1: Start QuickBooks file doctor manually as a first option
In certain cases, the problem may be as simple as a fault in the start command receiving end. The fault in the launch command receiving end is the most likely source of this problem. In this situation, you can just manually start the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Launch the application in the first step, then wait until No Company Open appears on your screen.
- You may also choose File, Utilities, and then click on Repair File and Network Problems next to this.
- The Ok button will now show up in the dialog box for your use. The QuickBooks file doctor restarts with administrator rights.
- When the Yes button appears in the dialog box, you must click it.
- After that, you can click the Continue option after selecting the wrench icon to start the QuickBooks file doctor software.
- You can input your user credentials in the following step to log into your account. The QuickBooks file doctor will then begin to work on fixing the file.
- You can now choose File Diagnosis Only in the Advanced Settings section.
- Next, press the Next key.
- You can open your file and see if the problem continues when the system prompts you.
- You can move on to the next option if the QuickBooks file doctor crashes issue remains.
Solution 2- Use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Within a few hours, the QuickBooks files are automatically inspected by the Auto Data Recovery (ADR) capability. The Auto Data Recovery folder is always automatically updated with a backup of the error-free data.
For 12 to 24 hours, or until the QuickBooks application is open, the file backup remains in the Auto Data Recovery folder. If the problem still persists after using this Auto Data Recovery option, you can try the next one down below.
Solution-3: Recover the backup copy of the corrupted QBW file
- To begin with, you must create a backup of the lost data. The backup allows the replacement of damaged files with previously saved ones.
- To open or restore a company, you must first select “File” in QuickBooks, then “Open or Restore Company.”
- Select the “Click Open or Restore a Backup Copy” option and then press the “Next” button to continue.
- Local Backup should be chosen, then press the “Next” button.
- You must browse and choose the backup file location from a drop-down option that will appear.
- You must first choose the file with the “.QBB extension,” then click “Open,” “Next,” and finally “Continue.”
- You will see a drop-down menu where you may browse and choose the backup file location.
- You must choose the file with the “.QBB extension,” then move forward by clicking “Open” and then “Next.”
- You must choose the place for the files to be restored from the “Save In drop-down” menu that will display.
- The file’s name must be entered in the name column. When you enter a “QBW” file, a “Save as” field will appear on the screen immediately.
- To finish the restoration process, you must click “Save.”
Solution 4: Turn off hosting mode and configure antivirus software
You must disable your system’s hosting mode to ensure that File Doctor is functioning correctly on it. After that, modify the Security Firewall level to enable system remote connections. Use the methods listed below to do this if you are using McAfee antivirus:
- Click Web & Email Protection when the McAfee software is open.
- Go to Firewall now. Select System Services and Ports. Next, select the Add button.
- Then click Services Name and type eMule. Type the TCP data for your QuickBooks application in Local TCP/IP ports.
- Enter the TCP data for your QuickBooks application under the Local UDP Port.
- You have to pick All PCs from the list under Open ports to.
- Finally, press the Save button before restarting your computer.
You can ask the customer executive staff for additional assistance if you continue to see the error even after properly configuring your antivirus software, and they will be able to offer a complete solution.
QuickBooks File Doctor Hosting Mode is Off
QuickBooks hosting mode is off issue can disturb a user considerably when he is trying to access this feature. The hosting feature in QuickBooks allows other devices known as workstations to operate and access the files stored on the host computer that holds company files. But if this feature is disabled or incorrectly setup then it results in Hosting Mode being Off QuickBooks.
After implementing the above steps, the scanning process will start but scanning time depends upon the size of your company file. If it is bigger in size, takes up to 5 minutes otherwise within a short time scanning process will finish. After finishing the whole process, open your QuickBooks company file and check whether the issues are resolved or not. After following all the above instructions, the users are enabling to resolve all issues related to the lost data and damaged network connectivity with the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
If you still need any help or assistance to resolve these errors. To get in touch with the QuickBooks Consultant team, you can chat with them via the LIVE CHAT link or drop your all queries at this email address.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Frequently Asked Questions
How to fix file error with QuickBooks file doctor tool?
You have to select Company File Issues from the tool hub. Then you have to select Quick Fix My File. When it completes you have to select Ok and launch your QuickBooks.
How to manually open a QuickBooks file doctor?
● Begin by selecting Company Files Issues from the tool hub.
● Then you have to select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
● To open the file doctor it will take up to one minute.
How to fix a QuickBooks error?
To fix common install issues you have to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. You have to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub, then you have to choose Installation Issues.